~ " The success of a sower is determined not by how much seed is in his bag, but by how much is in the ground." ~

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Basking in the Son


Today the Lord gave me a unique picture of living in His presence. Lately, I have had a feeling of discouragement when I read the Lord's Word. I knew that this was not right and I got on my knees and sought the Lord to find out why.

I tend to be a perfectionist in areas in my life; this is something the Lord is trying to weed out in me. I know that the Lord created me with an attention to details, but I allow Satan to get a hold when I take it too far. The Lord showed me that this is what I was doing in my time in His Word. I became so caught up in trying to be "perfect", that I missed out on the truths the Lord was trying to show me. He wants me not to just read about Him, or work for Him, but to walk with Him and talk with Him, cultivating a sweet relationship. I was so caught up in an agenda of what I needed to become rather than enjoy my Lord.

That's when the Lord gave me the picture of the lizard. A lizard is cold-blooded so it has to spend time in the sun to regulate its body temperature. The lizard could spend time in his little underground hole studying about the sun and drawing pictures of the sun for the other lizards to see, but he's going to die of hypothermia if he doesn't get in the presence of the sun.

That's how we are, we can learn about the Lord, minister to others about the Lord, and try to develop Godly qualities, but we will wither Spiritually if we are not "basking" in our Lord's presence!


I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Revelations 2:2-4

(Photo credit- Allposters.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment