~ " The success of a sower is determined not by how much seed is in his bag, but by how much is in the ground." ~

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Do You Belong?

The question looming in most people's minds is not who they are, but who's they are.

We long to know that we belong to someone or to something.
Whenever we meet someone we're always asked what we are associated with:
"What school do you go to"," what job do you have", "where are you from", "what do you do", and the list goes on.

Everyone is searching for something to "belong" to.
I searched for most my life to find that place of belonging. I tried belonging to different people groups, to hobbies, to stations in life; all trying to just belong.

I found my freedom when I realized that- I belong to Christ! He wants me, He loves me. It's like He has taken me and stamped me with this "seal of ownership"; I'm His.

I belong

I don't need to search any further; I know who's I am and that's all that matters. I carry that "seal of ownership" as a daughter of the King of Kings and it sets me apart. It causes me to be vastly contented; knowing that I belong to someone. I can have the quiet strength of the virtuous woman; knowing who and who's I am and finding joy in that.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment