~ " The success of a sower is determined not by how much seed is in his bag, but by how much is in the ground." ~

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

My Jesus, I love Thee

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

~William R. Featherston, 1864



The above song is one of my favorites. On Valentine's Day my mind cannot help but run to the Love of my Saviour and Lord and the Love that I have for Him in return. You have not experienced true love until you have experienced love such as this. This love, is sacrificial, true, pure, and genuine. The Lord gave of Himself and how can I not in return renounce all of the "follies" of my sin and serve Him completely!

Real joy and happiness is in this Love. May we experience this Love with the Lord and may it shed abroad to others!!

(Picture from Antiqueclipart.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment